Find Out More
What we do...
Our mission is to promote access for all children to the healing, transformative self-expression of art making and philanthropy.
Fresh Artists has a simple but unique model that includes children directly in the cycle of sustainable philanthropy. As a "lateral" rather than a traditional "top down" philanthropy, Fresh Artists creates the ability for generous children to make a real difference in their world.
We directly address:
- Helping children give back to other children.
- Engaging corporate support of public education by exhibiting vibrant children's artwork in highly visible spaces.
- Honoring students' artistic achievement & the teachers who teach them.
- Saving art making for children by delivering innovative programs and art supplies to severely under resourced public schools.
- Creating a sustainable funding stream.
- Giving corporate partners something they need: beautiful art for their offices!
How it works...
- Fresh Artists selects artwork created by children in K-12 public schools. The young artists donate the use of their selected images to raise funds for innovative art programs and supplies for children in need.
- Selected student art is photographed, original artwork returns to the student and donors choose high-quality photographic reproductions as thank-you gifts to display in their offices and facilities.
- Money raised is used to purchase and deliver innovative art programs and supplies directly to art teachers in severely under-resourced public schools.
Why it works...
Businesses need attractive and affordable artwork on their walls.
Fresh Artists provides art that is not only beautiful, but also inspirational, meaningful and helps to save art making in public schools struggling with severe funding cuts.
What People Are Saying
- As the arts have increasingly taken a backseat in our culture it is an absolute pleasure to see the rise of an organization like
Fresh Artistswhich not only encourages children to create artwork, but also constructs a vehicle for public school art teachers to receive funding and supplies to help foster a new generation of creative thinkers.more...
- Heather Gibson
- President, Sentry Art Advisory Services, Inc., corporate art consultants